What is the Women’s Ministry?
The Women’s Ministry is a mission-oriented organization within FBC Redwater as well as the Redwater community. The Women’s Ministry encourages all women within the church to participate in the projects of the ministry and be involved in the activities. Not everyone can be involved in every activity but can be a part somewhere.
Why Women’s Ministry?
Being a part of the Women’s Ministry is an excellent opportunity to share God’s love and the Gospel with those in Redwater and around the globe.
Projects of the Ladies’ Ministry
- Operation Christmas Child (Shoebox Ministry) – is worked on all year round but the boxes are collected to be sent oversees in November. Through Operation Christmas Child, children who would otherwise not have a Christmas receive a shoebox full of presents. They reach children around the globe with not only a gift but the Gospel message that is placed in each shoebox.
- School Supplies –for local schools to be given to students whose parents cannot afford to purchase the supplies they need.
- Clothing and Undergarments –for children Pre-K-3rd grade in the local schools when accidents happen and have no other clothing to change in to.
- The Angel Tree –adoptions are made each year by the Ladies Ministry of several children in the community. The Ladies’ Ministry also provides stockings for each child on the Angel Tree.
- Camp Scholarships –are provided each year so that youth and children, who cannot afford to go, can go to church camp.
- Hygiene Bags –are given to families who come and visit family members in the Telford Prison Unit. These bags contain a wash cloth, towel, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, soap, shampoo and conditioner. The Ladies’ Ministry also includes the Gospel message in each bag.
- Pens –provided in each visitor packet passed out in our church.
For these projects the Women’s Ministry raises money throughout the year in the following ways:
- Sausage and Biscuits Sales (Sunday Mornings)
- Canasta and Domino Tournaments
- Chili Cook-Off
- and Individual Donations
The Women’s Ministry also supports paying off the building debt through some of their tournaments and through the Chili Cook-Off.